Rekindle only 'two sleeps' away--and counting
Bring the whole family to downtown Rossland on December 1st, 2012 for our 19th Annual Rekindle The Spirit of Christmas. Come visit the brightest little ski town in the Kootenays and get in the Yuletide spirit! Peruse the boutique shops for that special something on your Christmas list, as downtown businesses will be open with lots of super holiday deals.
Old favorites include having photos taken with Santa by Larry Doel, have some Christmas cheer, sing some carols, and buy your Christmas tree from the Red Mountain Racers. Don’t forget your shopping lists and enjoy the hospitality and high quality shopping of the many unique boutique downtown shops.
Enjoy an old fashioned traditional Christmas day in a winter wonderland of beautiful mountain scenery. As the sun goes down join the crowd in the Levfevre Square for the lighting of the town tree, carol singing and the drawing of the coveted basket full of valuable merchandise. You will feel the wonderment of the season on this one special day that you won’t want to end.
- 11:00am-3:00pm- Outdoor Christmas Market Open on the corner of Queen and Columbia
- 11:30 – 1:00pm – NDCU Seniors Luncheon at the Rossland Legion
- 1:00pm – Santa Arrives! Meet at Pioneer Park and walk with Santa down Columbia Ave as we make our way to the Library. Make sure to bring along your reindeer antlers, and elf hats!
- 1:15pm-4:00pm – Photos with Santa at the Rossland Library by Larry Doell Photography.
- 2:00pm Christmas Children’s Storytelling – Cafe Books West
- 4:30pm –Christmas tree lighting at Harry Lefevre Square with Santa and the Mayor, carolling, and the draw for the coveted Rekindle Gift Basket!
- 9:00pm- Spirit of RED Snowdance, Miners Hall, $20, tickets available at Mountain Town Properties
All Day Events
- Great Hospitality & Holiday Cheer Roaming Carollers by the Rossland Light Opera Players
- Buy your Christmas from the Red Mountain Racers Exchange you Christmas lights with Fortis at the Winter Market – first come first served Warm yourself by a Bonfire
- Hamburgers on the grill by United Steel Workers and the Greater Trail United Way in the Outdoor Market
- Rossland Figure Skating Club
- Bear Country Kitchen will donate all sales from Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt to the KBRH – Digital Mammography Campaign
- Ez Rock Live On Location
- The Red Pair Shoe Store – Sherpani Handbags on sale for 25% off!
- Support L’Ecole des Septs Sommets PAC in purchasing a beautiful Christmas wreath at Revolution Cycle & Service
- Painters Retreat at Carlyle Lodge Art Show-Rouge Gallery
- Alley Cat Glassworks – Christmas Open Studio 1:00-6:00, 1855 Earl St. (turn left after the Prestige and follow the signs.)
- All items handcrafted in Rossland. Delicious Baby & Toddler Boutique – 20% off winter clothing and find a deal on the 50% off table!
- Spirit of Red Snow Dance- Miners Hall, 9pm, Tickets at Mountain Town Properties
- RossVegas BoardShop Annual Rekindle Sale
- Big discounts off of products at Rossland Medical Aesthetics
- Golden City Lions Sausage on a bun!
- Rossland Figure Skating Club-
- Pennies for polio and pie by the slice Mainstage Art Gallery – don’t pay the HST with a purchase!
- Rossland Library Open 10-5 VOTE for your favourite storefront and enter to win the REKINDLE GIFT BASKET! (Drawn at the Lighting of the Christmas tree. Must be present to win)
Be sure to stay tuned to the Rossland Chamber of Commerce website and www.bhubble.com as events and information will be added
INTERESTED VENDOR IN THE WINTER MARKET? PLease contact Renee at the Chamber at 250-362-5666.
A Big Thank You To Santa’s Little Helpers with Rekindle: Rossland Chamber of Commerce, Columbia Power Corporation, Fortis, EZ Rock, Rick and Sue Greene, Winterland Industries, Rossland Fire Department, Rossland Library, Sonia Tavares, City of Rossland, Doell Photo, Rossland Light Opera Players, Empire New Media, Rossland Telegraph, Rossland Eagles.