RDKB to undertake region-wide Alternative Approval Process
During the regular monthly board meeting the Regional District of Kootenay Boundary approved staff to proceed with an alternative approval process to determine if eligible electors are opposed to the RDKB entering into long-term borrowing to fund necessary upgrades to the McKelvey Creek Regional Landfill and to purchase organics processing equipment.
Any eligible electors who are opposed to the long-term borrowing will be able to submit an Elector Response Form between February 18 and March 21, 2022.
For information on the project and the process, please visit https://jointheconversation.rdkb.com/ Anyone interested in learning more about the solid waste management projects and the alternative approval process is invited to attend a virtual open house at 6 p.m. on Thursday, February 17, 2022.
To attend, please call 250.368.0225 or email email@example.com to register.
Town Hall Meetings Coming Soon
The public is invited to take part in the RDKB’s virtual electoral area Town Hall meetings.
These events provide residents with an opportunity to review the RDKB’s proposed 2022 Budget and 2022–2026 Five-Year Financial Plan. Your electoral area director and RDKB staff will be in attendance to talk about programs, services and projects; explain how your tax dollars are spent; answer questions; and gather your input.
The RDKB wants to hear from the public.
The schedule of meetings is as follows:
- Area A: 6 p.m. on Monday, February 7, 2022
- Area B/Lower Columbia-Old Glory: 6 p.m. on Monday, March 7, 2022
- Area C/Christina Lake: 6 p.m. on Monday, January 31, 2022
- Area D/Rural Grand Forks: 6 p.m. on Wednesday, February 16, 2022
- Area E/West Boundary: 6 p.m. on Monday, February 28, 2022
- Area E/Big White: 6 p.m. on Tuesday, March 1, 2022
For more info on how to attend these meetings, please visit https://rdkb.com/town-halls
Board to hold Special Budget Meetings
The RDKB Board will hold special meetings on Wednesday, February 2, 2022 and Wednesday, February 24, 2022 for budget deliberations.
The meetings start at 1 p.m. and are open to the public. For Zoom login details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250.368.0225.
Board-approved Funding to Local Groups/Projects
Area C/Christina Lake:
- Christina Gateway Community Development Association – Welcome Centre Meeting OWL: $2,000
- Christina Lake Community Association – OWL Pro unit, accessories and upgrades: $2,500
- Okanagan Nation Alliance – Fish in Schools Program: $2,000
Area D/Rural Grand Forks:
- Grand Forks Art Gallery Society (Gallery 2) – modular metal shelving units: $5,000
- Okanagan Nation Alliance – Fish in Schools Program: $1,000
Area E/West Boundary:
- Trails to the Boundary Society – Kettle River Echo newsletter support: $5,000
- West Boundary Senior Housing Society – bus insurance, inspection and fuel costs: $2,100