Proof of Vaccine for City facilities and services
Effective as of Monday, September 13th and as per the Government of BC Provincial Health Order ‘PHO order – Gatherings and Events’ proof of vaccine is required to access certain City of Rossland facilities and/or services. You must have one dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine effective immediately and be fully vaccinated as of October 24th to gain access to these identified facilities/services. The requirement is currently in place until January 31st, 2022 but could be extended at that time.
When proof of vaccination is required, community members between 12-18 must show their proof of vaccine QR code (paper or digital copy) while those 19+ must also show accompanying identification.
The following facilities and services will require proof of vaccination:
- Adult sport (22 years+) programs in the Rossland Arena, Rossland Arena Lounge, RSS Gymnasium and Rossland Miners’ Union Hall (including rentals)
- Fitness programs in the Rossland Arena, Rossland Arena Lounge, RSS Gymnasium and Rossland Miners’ Union Hall (including rentals)
- Events/programs over 50 people in the Rossland Arena, Rossland Arena Lounge and Rossland Miners’ Union Hall (including rentals)
- Spectators for indoor events (including youth sport) at the Rossland Arena over 50 people
The following are exemptions and do not currently require proof of vaccination:
- Children under 12
- Youth sport participants under 21 years old (indoor and outdoor)
- Accessing City Hall services
- Outdoor fields and parks
- Outdoor skating rink
- Public skate at the Rossland Arena
- Indoor events/programs under 50 people (except adult fitness and sport)
For more information about how to obtain your vaccination status card, please visit the Province of BC information page here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
As per Province of BC and Interior Health guidelines, all other Covid-19 safety measures are still being followed, including masks being required in all indoor City facilities when not engaged in physical activity.
If you have any questions regarding City of Rossland facility rentals or programs, please contact the Recreation Department at email@example.com.
Manager of Recreation and Events