Celebrating 75 years Of respiratory care in the BC Rockies District and all of British Columbia
This October 2019, TB Vets Charitable Foundation is proud to announce, through the generosity of our donors, $793,793 worth of respiratory equipment was donated to 28 different Hospital, University and Search and Rescue Foundations all over our province including right here in the Rockies.
· For over 75 years, TB Vets Charitable Foundation has given hope to individuals and families in their hour of great need. We serve all of British Columbians suffering from respiratory emergencies – from urban centers in Vancouver to rural and remote communities in Northern BC.
· TB Vets Charitable Foundation’s mission proves to be more relevant than ever. With the loyal support of donors, TB Vets continues to arm BC’s frontline medical heroes with respiratory equipment, research and education.
· TB Vets Charitable Foundation was the fist Key Tag program in British Columbia and since 1945 over 550,000 lost keys were found and returned.
· TB Vets Charitable Foundation is one of the only charitable organizations providing life-saving respiratory equipment to BC Hospitals and have been doing this for over 75 years.
2019 Respiratory Grant Award Recipients
o BC Women’s Health Foundation
o British Columbia Institute of Technology
o Bulkley Valley Health Care & Hospital Foundation
o Burnaby Hospital Foundation
o Canuck Place Children’s Hospice
o Delta Hospital and community Health Foundation
o Fraser Valley Health Care Foundation
o Kelowna General Hospital Foundation
o Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital & Health Foundation
o Kootenay Lake Hospital Foundation
o Lions Bay Search and Rescue Society
o Lions Gate Hospital Foundation
o Nanaimo & District Hospital Foundation
o Peace Arch Hospital Foundation
o Queen’s Park Healthcare Foundation
o Ridge Meadows Hospital Foundation
o Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation
o Royal Inlands Hospital Foundation
o South Cariboo Heath Foundation
o Spirit of the North Healthcare Foundation
o Squamish Hospital Foundation
o Surrey Hospital Foundation
o Thompson Rivers University Foundation
o University of British Columbia
o Vernon Jubilee Hospital Foundation
o VGH/UBC Hospital Foundation
o Victoria Hospitals Foundation
Some words of thanks to our donors:
· “We are truly grateful for the continued support of TB Vets Charitable Foundation for patients in the Kootenay/Boundary area. Thank you again for partnering with us to make regional Healthcare improvements.” Jennifer Kirk Kootenay/Boundary Regional Hospital & Healthcare Foundation
· “I would like to thank TB Vets Charitable Foundation for their wonderful donations to the Thompson Rivers University students and alumni. With your aid, I was able to complete my schooling to become a respiratory therapist in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, where I take care of our most precious and vulnerable treasures.” Alexander Tse past TRU Student
· “TB Vets Charitable Foundation is helping to drive research that aims to change the story for millions of people diagnosed with tuberculosis. And through the Recreation Therapy program, TB Vets is providing a helping hand to patients at VGH who are battling the disease for days, weeks, months and even over a year. On behalf of the patients and the Respiratory Team at VGH, please accept my heartfelt thanks.” Tim Staunton Vancouver General Hospital Foundation
How you can help!
· Your TB Vets diamond Keytags are in the mail mid-October! Place them on your keys so if your keys are lost, found and dropped in a mailbox in Canada you can be sure they will be safely returned to you!
· Donate. When you support the Key Tag program, your donation will help fund more lifesaving respiratory equipment in British Columba.