RLOP putting on Member Nights, seeking presenters
Come join the Rossland Light Opera Players for Member Nights!
The RLOP plans to host monthly evenings for members to have fun with our featured artists, performers or instructors – and participate and learn at the same time, starting in September, 2018.
Each evening will focus on and celebrate one of the many facets of musical and contemporary theatre. Not a member? Don’t worry – RLOP has a variety of membership levels and is delighted to welcome new members.
Calling all artists!
To put on the Member Nights, RLOP is seeking artists with ideas and leadership to prepare the workshops.
Do have a passion for music, theatre or art? Or knowledge about performing arts that you’d like to share in a fun and interesting way? Can you prepare a two-hour evening workshop curriculum that will engage RLOP members (and attract new ones) and encourage them to try something new? Then RLOP would love to hear from you, says RLOP Vice-President Denis Senecal.
The RLOP is looking for local artists, musicians, performers and instructors to lead the Member Nights. If you have an idea for an evening that would encourage members to expand their performing arts skills, try something new, or simply come out to be entertained, you are invited to submit a proposal.
RLOP is currently accepting proposals for the fall ‘18 and winter ’19 program. The deadline for applications is July 30th, 2018 at 5:00 pm. All groups and individuals are welcome to apply. Below are further guidelines for the proposals.
What type of event is it?
Member Nights are typically 2 – 2 ½ hours long. The content of your workshop is really up to you, as long as it is related to performing arts in some way. Below are some examples of member nights held in the past, or that could be lots of fun:
– Shakespeare Appreciation
– Start Singing Again – Singing for beginners
– Improv class
– Theatre Games
– Open Mic night
– Classical Music for Instrumentalists
– Flash Mob organization and implementation
– Character Development
– Movement & Dance
– Sound Poetry
The budget for each evening is up to $200.00. Proposals with budgets of more than $200.00 may be considered, but our budget for the fall/winter season is limited.
Below is a complete list of the required documents for each application. ONLY applications that have ALL the required documents will be assessed by our Engagement Committee. Please ensure that you have included the following in your proposal:
1. Short bio: In 250 words or less, tell us about yourself and why you would be a great host for one of our Member Nights.
2. Show/Workshop Concept: In 250 words or less, tell us what you plan to perform or how you will engage with our members for the 2 – 2 ½ hour time frame. What makes your performance great? What are the objectives you hope to meet through your workshop?
3. Resume: Your professional resume. Nothing fancy, brass tacks.
4. Supporting Material: Up to ten images (.jpg format) or 5 Minutes of video (.MP4 format) that supports your proposal and/or shows your work in its best light.
Each person / group may submit up to four (4) proposals for consideration.
NOTIFICATION OF RESULTS
The RLOP Engagement Committee will notify successful applicants by August 15, 2018.
At that time, RLOP will discuss Member Night scheduling arrangements and presenter availability. Presenters must make a firm commitment to the assigned performance/workshop dates by August 20, 2018.
Start dreaming things up, creative ones! Then contact Executive@RLOP.ca