Smoke/sirens at Teck the result of minor mishap

Trail Champion
By Trail Champion
September 22nd, 2016

Teck officials are assuring area residents that sirens and visible smoke at Teck Trail this morning were the result of a minor incident, and no cause for concern.

Catherine Adair, community relations leader at Teck, said the situation was just minutes, not hours, in duration, and happened between about 9 and 9:30 a.m.

“There was an equipment malfunction resulting in visible smoke in our No. 2 Slag Fuming Furnace,” Adair explained. “Teck emergency response crews immediately responded to the incident, which was less than a half hour in duration.

“It has now been is fully contained and we will be returning to normal operations. There were no injuries caused by this incident and there is no risk to the public.”

This post was syndicated from https://trailchampion.com
Categories: BusinessGeneral

Other News Stories