Kelowna welcomes Duke and Duchess of Cambridge September 27
The unique beauty of Canada’s West Coast and the rugged wildness of the North will be front and centre during The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s second official Royal Tour to Canada.
Their Royal Highnesses will visit five communities in British Columbia — Victoria, Vancouver, Haida Gwaii, Bella Bella, and Kelowna — and two communities in Yukon — Whitehorse and Carcross.
- September 24: Victoria, British Columbia
- September 25: Vancouver, British Columbia
- September 26: Bella Bella, British Columbia
- September 27: Victoria and Kelowna, British Columbia; Whitehorse, Yukon
- September 28: Whitehorse and Carcross, Yukon
- September 29: Victoria, British Columbia
- September 30: Haida Gwaii, British Columbia
- October 1: Victoria, British Columbia
“I’m looking forward to welcoming the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge during their visits to five British Columbia communities as part of their Royal Tour,” said BC Premier Christy Clark.
“The tour is an opportunity for their Royal Highnesses to witness the very best of our province – from the Great Bear Rainforest, to the emerging generation of young, tech-minded entrepreneurs, to millennia-old Indigenous cultures.
“On behalf of all British Columbians, I’m pleased and proud to welcome the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to our province, and the lifestyle, culture and scenery British Columbians treasure.”
Their Royal Highnesses will participate in events and activities that highlight the work Canadians are doing to preserve the environment, empower young people, improve mental health, encourage active living and highlight Indigenous culture and heritage.
- An official welcome to Canada and British Columbia will be held on September 24 in Victoria. The official welcome will include protocol elements, such as an Honour Guard review and speeches.
- A lively public celebration, where Their Royal Highnesses will meet representatives of Yukon communities, will be held on September 28 in Whitehorse.
- This will be the third official visit to Canada for The Duke of Cambridge and the second for The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as a couple.
- This will be the first time The Duke of Cambridge has toured Yukon and British Columbia in an official capacity. However, The Duke visited British Columbia once before on a private/working visit in 1998, where he joined The Prince of Wales and his brother Prince Harry on a skiing vacation at Whistler.
- The full itinerary for this Royal Tour will be announced soon.