Golden City Days calling for Parade entries!
Golden City Days is looking for colorful parade participants to march down Columbia Avenue on Saturday September 12! Here’s the invitation:
Please accept this invitation to participate in the 2015 Golden City Days Parade on Saturday, 12 September 2015
You may enter a float, a vehicle, a marching or walking group, play music, dance, entertain, and display your skills or products – whatever you do best!
Bikes, baby buggies, and boards are welcome. Families, classmates, or work groups are encouraged to join in the fun.
Golden City Days is the family celebration of Rossland’s heritage as an 1890’s gold mining town. You are invited to dress in 1890’s-1920s style, so dig out old hats, vests, long skirts, miners’ beards, and gamblin’ duds!
We ask entries to make lots of happy noise to add to the festive spirit of the parade. Bring your CDs or iPod to play on the vehicle stereo, sing songs, or make music!
There are no entry fees, and each participant will receive a parade ribbon. As well, there will be special Golden City Days tattoos for younger entrants.
Get an entry form, complete it as soon as possible — and return it no later than September 4, 2015. Get the form by contacting:
Mail: Golden City Days Parade Entries, Box 1572, Rossland, BC V0G 1Y0
For more information: 250.362.7611
Hope to see you in the Golden City Days Parade!
And here’s the list of fairly non-onerous rules:
PARADE BEGINS AT 11 AM ON SATURDAY, 12 SEPTEMBER 2015
• The registration table will be located at St. Paul Street and 2nd Ave, in front of Ecole de Sept Sommet. Parade will begin there and end in front of City Hall downtown.
• Please be at the meeting place no later than 10:00 am. The parade begins at 11:00 am and it takes time to get entries registered and organized.
• Be sure to visit the registration table to pick up your participant ribbons.
• At about 10:30 am, you will be directed into line in numerical order and asked to follow the entry in front of you.
• When all entries are lined up along the designated street, the parade will begin.
• NO ALCOHOL.
• Once moving, no one may board your float.
• Keep a safe distance between your entry and the one in front. Stop when they stop!
• Your entry should not exit the parade route before the end of the parade.
• All riders and equipment on your entry must be secured and brakes in good order.
• For safety, please cover open wheels and advise walkers with loose clothing to use caution. Watch out for people on foot.
• Parade officials reserve the right to inspect entries and refuse any entry that is in violation of parade guidelines.
• In the interest of public safety, please do not throw items at the crowds; this includes candy, water balloons, and other objects. You may hand out items like candy along the parade route. Please designate someone to be on candy hand-out duty.
• Entries with horses or other animals must be prepared to do clean-up along the route.
• Entries with children under 18 years of age must have adult supervision, one (1) adult for every five (5) children. Please include a list of supervising adults with phone numbers when you register.
• Please complete and sign your parade entry form showing a contact person and an email address where they can be reached. You will receive updates and a route map by email as the parade day approaches.
• Enjoy the experience. Play music. Go slow. Take time to interact with the crowds lining the streets. Mostly, have FUN!!
Questions? Please call or email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 250.362.7611