Come join us during our regular market hours on Thursday September 12th for our 1st annual Harvest Fest. We are holding this event in celebration of BC Farmer’s Appreciation Week. This is a perfect opportunity to come on down and support your local farmers, artisans and small businesses. Make the sustainable choice and Shop Local.
We have LOTS of great things going on during Harvest Fest:
- Awesome live music performed by local musicians Ty West & Jesse Lee from Nelson, BC
- Largest Zucchini Contest. Thats right – now you have the perfect opportunity to use that huge zucchini in your garden! Bring it down to Harvest Fest and put it on display with the other large, local zucchini’s by 5 pm!! Largest Zucchini wins a great prize from one of our vendors!! Judging takes place at 5:30 pm SHARP. $2 entry fee – all proceeds go directly back to the Rossland Mountain Market, what a great fun way to support your community!
- Best Tasting Home Baked Pie Contest!!! Think you got what it takes to make the most delicious pie in town?!! Prove it! Any kind of pie you like, just be sure its baked by you!! Bonus points go to pies baked with LOCAL fruit!!Bring your pie down to Harvest Fest between 3 and 4:45 pm. Best Tasting Pie wins a great prize from one of our vendors!! Judging takes place at 5:00 pm SHARP. $2 entry fee – all proceeds go directly back to the Rossland Mountain Market, what a great and fun way to support your community!
- Huge raffle with all prizes donated by our vendors!!! Just wait and see what we’ll be giving away! Tickets are $2 or three for $5 and will be sold at the Rossland REAL Food table between 3 and 5 pm. Draw will take place at 5 pm sharp and you must be there to win and pick up your prize! Prizes will be on display. All proceeds go directly back into the Rossland Mountain Market – here’s your opportunity to support the REAL food group and our local market!
- Lots of children’s activities!! Face painting! Scavenger Hunt! Harvest Story Time! The Library joins us for one last hurrah! Don’t miss it kids!
This will be the biggest market of the year!! Stay tuned for Vendor Features and a sneak peek at some of the awesome vendors we have in store for you!!
Its going to be a great day, and what better time to celebrate our local Farmers than during the peak of Harvest Season?
Come on down and support the Rossland REAL Food Group, the Mountain Market, our local Farmers and of course your local community. Rain or Shine, Can’t Wait to See you there!