Discussion draft of Rossland Range recreation tenure application complete
The Friends of the Rossland Range would like to thank everyone who has participated in the creation of an application for a Rossland Range recreation tenure. The first public discussion DRAFT of the application package has been prepared for further review and public comment, based on your input at the May 20 public workshop and written questionnaires.
Your comments (from the workshop and questionnaires) and the DRAFT application are all posted onwww.rosslandrange.org . The comments are grouped in the following categories:
- SIZE AND SCOPE OF A DESIGNATED RECREATION AREA
- BALANCING USE AND PROTECTION
- RECOGNIZING ECONOMIC VALUES
- ACCESS: PARKING
- ACCESS: GLADING AND BRUSHING
- THE NANCY GREENE PASS DAY USE SHELTERS
- COMMUNITY WATERSHEDS
- RESOLVING POTENTIAL CONFLICTS BETWEEN RECREATIONAL USERS
- OTHER ISSUES
At this time, the group would greatly appreciate public input on the DRAFT proposal and package submission.
Please direct comments to Les Carter: firstname.lastname@example.org