City: Trail or Kelowna
Job Status: Full time regular
Starting salary: $2,169.77-$2,950.35 bi-weekly
The Application Programmer/Analyst will guide the analysis, design and implementation of technology based solutions to meet the needs of IS's business partners.
- Develop and maintain a high level of technical competency with respect to the current operating system, database and programming development tools.
- Communicate effectively and demonstrate professional competence with users, co-workers and management
- Manage multiple resources, task breakdown, and delegation and set milestones.
- Participate and/or conduct meetings to determine technical requirements of customers.
- Estimate/manage/complete a series of tasks required for a simple project.
- Deliver projects which meet or exceed customer expectations.
Special Skill Requirements:
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team building and relationship skills.
- Excellent customer service approach
- Knowledge of various Programming Methodologies
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities, and requests effectively
- Prepares estimates and manages time effectively
- Travel within the service territory as required
- Knowledge of FortisBC's business and organization
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Grade 12 high school diploma with a 2 year diploma in computer programming
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent organizational skills with close attention to detail
Progression from JG 8 to JG 12 salary range will include good to detailed understanding and experience in:
- Linux and Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle
- Good understanding of SAP,Customer Information Systems (CIS), Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI)
***Please apply online: www.fortisbc.com/careers***